Sargent & Lundy LLC
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Experienced Electrical Designer
at Sargent & Lundy LLC
- United States
- Area of Interest
- Design and Drafting
- Full Time - Regular
- Job ID
Sargent & Lundy provides comprehensive engineering, design, analysis, and consulting for electric power generation projects worldwide.
Nuclear power has been a core competency of Sargent & Lundy since 1954. We have proven capabilities in nuclear project engineering, design, and project management and our leading-edge services address today's emerging issues with highly effective solutions for both new nuclear unit design and upgrades to existing plants.
We can offer you outstanding career opportunities in nuclear power technologies working for a first class group of clients.
Our Core Values
We are a company of principled professionals guided by core values that have fundamentally shaped our business practices and culture. They provide us with guidance in the day-to-day performance of our work, and adherence to these values is our compass in all business conduct:
- Exercise uncompromising integrity and ethics in the conduct of all business
- Focus on client satisfaction in all activities
- Maintain a highly competent and satisfied staff
- Communicate openly and honestly
- Improve continuously
t has been an industry leader over the past 125 years! This is a regular, full-time opportunity.
- Under the direction of the Electrical Project Lead, this position will offer you the opportunity to work with multi-disciplined engineering and design project teams in developing electrical physical layout drawings in a 3-D model
- Challenging assignments that include the design of electrical systems, and investigating, trouble-shooting, and solving a wide variety of electrical design issues
- Utilize 3D modeling software tools to generate electrical design schematics
- Act as the electrical design team lead in the coordination of detailed design phases for all aspects of an integrated electrical design model
- Coordinate and provide guidance to other designers and project team members to ensure a complete and timely design.
- Independently plan and execute electrical physical design deliverables
- There may be the opportunity to conduct field walkdowns and data gathering at client facilities
- Provide guidance as a mentor in the development of less experienced drafters and designers
We do not sponsor employees for work authorization in the U.S. for this position.
Essential skills and experience:
- An Associate's Degree in drafting, or a high school diploma and 1 or more years drafting course work or equivalent technical experience
- Five or more years of detailed physical design experience in the development of grounding layouts, underground duct bank and embedded conduit drawings, cable tray and exposed conduit layouts, and electrical equipment location drawings
- Proficiency with design software tools in executing 3D plant layout models
- Experience in the review of electrical physical layout drawings involving electrical equipment outlines and interface points
- Ability to interface with engineering and design teams of other disciplines in the power plant design process
Valued but not required experience:
- Proficiency with MicroStation
Sargent & Lundy is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any protected status as defined by law.