Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Vocational Field Case Manager - Baton Rouge LA
For a career path that is both challenging and rewarding, join Sedgwick's talented team of 21,000 colleagues around the globe. Sedgwick is a leading provider of technology-enabled risk, benefits and integrated business solutions. Taking care of people is at the heart of everything we do. Millions of people and organizations count on Sedgwick each year to take care of their needs when they face a major life event or something unexpected happens. Whether they have a workplace injury, suffer property or financial loss or damage from a natural or manmade disaster, are involved in an auto or other type of accident, or need time away from work for the birth of a child or another medical situation, we are here to provide compassionate care and expert guidance. Our clients depend on our talented colleagues to take care of their most valuable assets -- their employees, their customers and their property. At Sedgwick, caring counts®. Join our team of creative and caring people of all backgrounds, and help us make a difference in the lives of others.
For nearly 50 years, Sedgwick has been helping employers answer virtually every question there is about workers' compensation. We have experience in nearly every type of industry, in every region, providing the broadest range of programs and services.
To provide proactive vocational rehabilitation services to facilitate the injured worker's return to work by identifying vocational options based upon an injured worker's transferrable skills, taking into account his/her physical abilities, work history, and educational background.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS and RESPONSIBILITIES
- Provides job development activities, including but not limited to: vocational counseling, resume development, interviewing exercises, job lead identification and employer contact.
- Consults closely with the injured worker to assist them with the return to work efforts. This may include traveling to health care provider offices, potential job sources and other required offices to coordinate return to work goals.
- Reviews all medical records, clarifies medical issues with field case management or medical providers and interview workers with disabilities to evaluate the medical, rehabilitation and vocational status of the injured worker.
- Performs vocational evaluations to include potential testing for interest, aptitude and personality of the injured worker.
- Performs transferable skills analysis to identify the viability of feasible work alternatives based upon the transferability of skills possessed by the injured worker.
- Identifies, plans, and arranges vocational/job training opportunities when appropriate.
- Performs labor market research to develop labor market surveys.
- Maintains professional communication with the claims examiners to provide timely updates and promote the necessary plan for appropriate job placement of the injured worker.
ADDITIONAL FUNCTIONS and RESPONSIBILITIES
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Supports the organization's quality program(s).
- Travels as required.
Education & Licensing
Master's degree in Rehabilitation Counseling from an accredited college or university preferred.
Certified Rehabilitation Counselor (CRC) and/or Certified Disability Management Specialist (CDMS) Certification required.
Six (6) years of related work experience including three (3) years vocational case management experience or equivalent combination of education and experience required.
Skills & Knowledge
- Knowledge of local and state vocational resources
- Knowledge of state jurisdiction pertaining to Workers' Compensation
- Knowledge of essential vocational services including the local labor market and employability factors
- Excellent oral and written communication skills, including presentation skills
- PC literate, including Microsoft Office products
- Strong organizational skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Ability to create and complete comprehensive, accurate and constructive written reports
- Ability to work independently and in a team environment
- Ability to meet or exceed Performance Competencies
When applicable and appropriate, consideration will be given to reasonable accommodations.
Clear and conceptual thinking ability; excellent judgment, troubleshooting, problem solving, analysis, and discretion; ability to handle work-related stress; ability to handle multiple priorities simultaneously; and ability to meet deadlines.
Computer keyboarding, travel as required
Hearing, vision and talking
Credit security clearance, confirmed via a background credit check, is required for this position.
The statements contained in this document are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by a colleague assigned to this description. They are not intended to constitute a comprehensive list of functions, duties, or local variances. Management retains the discretion to add or to change the duties of the position at any time.
Sedgwick is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Sedgwick Claims Management Services, Inc.is the leader in innovative claims and productivity management solutions to major employers. We provide cost-effective claims administration, managed care, program management and related services through the expertise of over 10,000 in 190+ offices and service locations. We are the largest, most innovative Third Party Administrator in the claims industry and the first and only TPA to receive recognition both as the “Best TPA in America” and “Employer of Choice.”
Sedgwick unique positioning allows you to “Claim Your Future.” We provide satisfying, challenging work along with a highly professional, friendly work atmosphere. We strive to make Sedgwick a place where great people can do great things for our clients. We express this commitment through our colleague development program, multi-dimensional learning resources, and commitment to work-life balance. Sedgwick offers exceptional benefits, including:
- Competitive compensation
- Comprehensive benefits (day one health benefits, STD, LTD, Life, 401(k) plus match, EAP, generous vacation and PTO)
- Flexible work schedules
If you desire a company where you can positively influence lives while maximizing your own career possibilities, Sedgwick is the place for you. Join our Talent Network to explore opportunities.
What is a Talent Network?
Talent Networks enhance your job search and application process. Whether you choose to apply or just leave your information, we look forward to staying connected with you.
- Receive alerts with new job opportunities that match your interests
- Share job opportunities through Social Media or email