SGS Petroleum Service Corporation (PSC)
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Chemical Plant Foreman
at SGS Petroleum Service Corporation (PSC)
Job Reference #: 236988
|Title:||Chemical Plant Foreman|
|Job Categories:||Forklift Operator, Leadman / Team Leader / Foreman, Warehouse / Packaging|
|Regular or Temporary:||Regular|
Chemical Plant Foreman
Are you seeking to be a leader at a growing company that conducts a servant leadership model with the ability to make an impact on motivating, developing, and teaching employees to strive towards safety first and excellent performance? If you are looking for a full-time position that is rewarding, stable, and a long-term career, consider joining the PSC family! We appreciate and recognize that our employees are our #1 asset.
The Team Leader provides responsibility for approximately 20-25 PSC employees at a packaging facility within a petrochemical plant who work on an automated product packaging line. The ideal candidate must have experience in a lead position (e.g. leadman, team leader, foreman, supervisor, etc.). Industrial experience is a plus but not required. PSC is a veteran-friendly company. Previous military experience and proven ability to follow procedures a plus!
Work Schedule: 12-hour EOWEO 2-2-3 schedule (rotating shift-work including days, nights, weekends, and holidays)
Job Duties & Responsibilities:
- Ensures that all employees in the packaging warehouse have the knowledge, training, tools, and equipment to perform their job accurately, efficiently, promptly and safely.
- Directly participates in safety meetings and overall training initiatives to model appropriate behavior for our field employees.
- Performs safety observations in the field to establish high visibility with employees and the customer.
- Ensures that training is being conducted in alignment with PSC and the customer's best practices, including managing the training program, auditing of records, and participating in employee qualification process.
- Ensures positive recognition is occurring for good performance and personally participate in recognition events where possible.
- Provides one-on-one and group coaching to field employees.
- Review area procedures for accuracy, redline and properly communicate to PSC and customer leadership to make the proper changes.
- Communicate with PSC Leadership and Technical Advisors regularly regarding daily activity, non-routine activities, unsafe equipment and personnel concerns.
- Manage schedules and overtime (in accordance with the Open Position Coverage Policy) for when an employee calls in sick, takes vacation and any other instance where an open position is created.
- Track each employee’s overtime days worked, attendance violations and vacation requests.
- Supports field employees with performance or attendance problems and helps establish effective corrective actions.
- Assist in process related root cause or failure analysis as required in audits, customer visits and provide support to address and resolve plant needs.
- Experience in a lead position (e.g. leadman, team leader, foreman, supervisor, etc.).
- Industrial experience is a plus but not required.
- Must possess a valid TWIC card (or ability to obtain one prior to hire) and have a valid driver’s license.
- Must be able to follow OSHA safety standards and be safety conscious at all times.
- 18 years or older and legally able to work in the U.S.
- Stable work history with good references from past employers.
- Pass a drug screen, physical, and background check.
- Speak fluent English.
- PSC is a veteran-friendly company. Previous military experience and proven ability to follow procedures a plus.
- Since 1952, Petroleum Service Corporation has had a strong reputation for quality service, safety, environmental protection, and taking care of our employees.
- We are a leader in product handling and site logistics for refineries, chemical producers, and marine transportation providers.
- The work we do makes a huge impact in our nation's economy. Check out our videos at petroleumservice.com/videos to learn more.
- Check out our online newsletter "The Connection" which contains articles about our work groups, recognition events, and achievements of our employees and their family members at petroleumservice.com/newsletters-events/.
- Medical insurance options with the company paying a large portion of the premiums, including affordable dental and vision plans for employees and their families
- Company-paid life, short-term, and long-term disability insurance
- Matching 401(k) plan to help employees save money for retirement
- Vacation, sick leave, and holiday benefits (varies by work group)
- Incentives, discounts, and bonuses
- Industry-leading training and development programs
You must be able to:
- Speak, write, read, hear, and have good vision
- Work outside in environmental conditions which at times include extreme heat or extreme cold
- Wear all required Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) without restriction and pass any medical examination associated with the use of PPE
- Lift 60 pounds floor to waist
- Push and pull 30 pounds horizontally
- Carry 20 pounds while walking
- Climb stairs and ladders
- Stand 8-12 hours per day
- Extend arms through normal range of motion while standing and squatting
This job description should not be construed as an exhaustive statement of duties, responsibilities or requirements, but a general description of the job. Nothing contained herein restricts the company’s rights to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time.
Petroleum Service Corporation is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.