Sonesta International Hotels Corporation
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Club Floor Attendant, R'Club
at Sonesta International Hotels Corporation
Job Description Summary
The R’Club consists of 60 rooms of which are VIP’s, Group Leaders, Sight Visits, and High Rate Guests. The guests must receive “Royal” treatment of “Sonesta with a Passion”. The attendant serves food and beverage to patrons in the R Club Hospitality Suite. In addition, this position maintains the cleanliness of the lounge itself and sets up and maintains food & beverage items that vary based on the time of day.
Principle duties and responsibilities (Essential Functions) include:
- Key Job Functions
- Responsible for the set-up and break down of food and beverage for AM Breakfast and PM Appetizer Services on Buffet Line, including retrieving items from kitchen and keeping buffet line stocked
- Maintain & bus tables , clear dishes, glasses, napkins for guests
- Maintain the Club Lounge & pantry for cleanliness including floors, windows, buffet line & pantry
- Assist in resolving any questions or concerns guests may have and involve other departments/managers as appropriate
- Provide an inviting atmosphere where guests may receive a quick meal, drink and/or socialize with other guests
- Stock breakfast plates, cocktail plates, coffee cups, cloth napkins, silverware
- Polish & roll silverware, Polish glassware
- Daily Requisition & responsible for maintaining, ordering and inventory logs to assure proper food and beverage items are always in stock and par levels are accurate
- Follow safety and sanitation policies and procedures
- Serving Wine & Champagne in the evening
- Business relations with guests thru exceptional customer service by taking care of their needs in the lounge
- Deliver Passionate & Engaging Service to our Guests
- You will be passionate and truly engaged in taking care of our guests, recognizing individual guests and anticipating their unique needs in order to exceed their expectations
- You will consistently deliver our GUEST model:
- Greet or welcome everyone, warmly with a smile
- Use eye and ear contact and guest’s name
- Establish/anticipate needs
- Solve and own all requests/complaints
- Thank everyone
- Build solid relationship with your Colleagues
- Treat colleagues with respect and dignity
- Other duties and responsibilities may be assigned. The employee is expected to work in other areas of the hotel when needed to assist operations to perform job duties not necessarily contained in this job description.
Qualifications and Skills
A candidate for this position must possess the following applicable knowledge, skills and abilities and be able to demonstrate and provide applicable examples to support his/her competency.
- Track record of delivering exceptional guest or client experience
- Communication skills are utilized a significant amount of time for training and safety purposes, and when interacting with guests and associates.
- Appropriate professional appearance and demeanor
- Basic food/beverage knowledge
- Professional Demeanor - Service Oriented
- Demonstrated ability to multi-task, manage time and work well under pressure in a fast-paced environment
- Teamwork(Work well with all departments as we depend on all departments)
- Ability to stand for long periods of time (which may include an entire shift)
- Ability to bend, squat and lift (up to 50 lbs.), including, but not limited to, lifting trays of food or food items on a frequent basis. (Filling requisition of food and supplies)
- Ability to work a varying schedule, which will include holiday and weekends
- Louisiana Responsible Vendor's Permit required
Education and/or Experience
High School diploma or general education degree (GED); or at least one year related experience and/or training relevant to the position.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand, walk, talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to use hands, reach, stoop, kneel, crouch and crawl. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
Additional Job Description
Sonesta recognizes that benefits play a vital role in helping ensure the health and financial security of employees and their families. We offer a variety of benefits to our employees including:
- Health Benefits (Health & Dental Insurance)
- 401(k) Retirement Plan
- Sonesta Hotels & Other Outlets Discounts
- Paid Holidays
- Sick Days
- Educational Assistance
- Employee Recognition Programs
- Newborn & Adopted Child Leave
- Spousal & Domestic Partner Leave
- Life Insurance
- Short Term Disability
- Long term Disability
- Employee Referral Program
- Credit Union
- Direct Deposit
- Employee Activities & Events
Upon submitting your application, please ensure you complete a full application in addition to attaching a resume. Incomplete applications received will not be considered.
At Sonesta, we value our team members as individuals who enhance our guests’ experiences with their unique skills and contributions. We actively support professional growth and personal happiness in each of our employees at each of our hotels, resorts, suites and cruise ships. We seek out people who will eagerly partner with us to improve the overall Sonesta experience for our guests, and the overall Sonesta experience for their fellow colleagues. If you are interested in a career in some of the most impressive and beautiful surroundings in the world with generous benefits and perks, we hope you’ll get in touch with us.
We are an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, national origin, religion, age, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, or protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by local, state, or federal laws, rules, or regulations.