Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Field Service Technician in Virtual, Louisiana at Stryker Corporation
at Stryker Corporation
Field Service Tech
Stryker is one of the world’s leading medical technology companies and together with our customers, we are driven to make healthcare better. The Company offers a diverse array of innovative medical technologies, including reconstructive, medical and surgical, and neurotechnology and spine products to help people lead more active and more satisfying lives. Stryker products and services are available in over 100 countries. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, ethnicity, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status. Stryker is an EO employer – M/F/Veteran/Disability.
At Stryker Communications, our Field Service Technicians serve as The Wolf for our customers. If you’re not familiar with Pulp Fiction, that translates to you on a team of people who get things done when the pressure is on. Our medical devices play a vital role in surgery and if you’re interested in learning the latest medical technology while saving the day for hospitals around the country, then this position is for you.
The person taking the Field Service Technician role will spend the majority of their time in four key areas. They are:
1. Traveling between hospitals based on assignment of service requests.
2. Troubleshooting and resolving customer and product issues.
3. Building positive relationships with Stryker customers.
4. Documenting service results in order to maintain accurate quality records.
The environment and culture for this role is fast-paced and you’ll be constantly on the go. It requires the ability to solve complex problems while maintaining strong relationships with our customers and sales representatives. Through time as a Field Service Technician, the foundation is laid to follow multiple career paths including engineering, project management, and leadership.
Within the first six months you’ll:
1. Gain a basic understanding of the cutting edge of medical technology as it relates to our booms, lights, integration, and IP product lines.
2. Develop solutions for customers who are in a pinch.
3. Build strong bonds with fellow Field Service Technicians and in-house support teams.
4. Potentially earn enough hotel reward points for an extended vacation.
The person in this role should love to solve problems. We prefer an engineering degree but understand technical prowess can be gained through personal experience. Candidates must be willing to spend most weekdays traveling, be capable of successfully communicating with our customers, and have strong documentation skills.
• Heavy work: Exerting up to 50 pounds of force occasionally and/or up to 10 pounds of force frequently and/or a negligible amount of force constantly to move objects.
• Must be able to review printed materials.
• Must have demonstrated fine motor skills.
• Must be able to use sophisticated test and office computer equipment (e.g. calculator, PC, telephone, Broadcast test and measurement equipment etc.).
• Ability to work with large pieces of equipment.
• Effective reading and writing skills.
• Must be able to analyze and resolve non-routine testing and/or equipment issues using independent judgment.
• Must be able to follow and explain detailed instruction troubleshooting and inspection procedures.
• Must be able to complete detailed documentation accurately.
• Must be able to logically diagnose issues and systematically solve problems
• Must be able to travel
• 2 year installation or production line experience with Stryker Communications or 2-3 years industry experience with relevant field service experience.
• Effective interpersonal and communication skills.
• Must be able to communicate effectively with surgeons, hospital staff, nurses and biomedical personnel
• Ability to prioritize issues.
• Computer literate.
• Functional with Microsoft Office including Excel, and Word
• Ability to learn new systems and technologies quickly
• Basic electronic and mechanical aptitude
• Skilled at cable termination of all standard digital and analog industry connectors.
• Knowledge of video, audio and data communications systems
• Knowledge of OR etiquette and basic hospital procedure
• Associate’s degree, technical degree, or Bachelors Degree preferred.
• AV or IT background or Medical Equipment experience in OR lights and ceiling mounted equipment
Work From Home: Yes
Travel Percentage: Up to 75%
Stryker Corporation is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, ethnicity, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status. Stryker is an EO employer – M/F/Veteran/Disability.
Stryker Corporation will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information.