Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Computer Operations Infrastructure Administrator 1
at Stuller, inc
- Req No.
- Information Technology-Hardware
- Work Hours
The role of the Infrastructure Administrator is to assist in all aspects of Systems Management, Network Management and Telephony Management. This role would also provide analytical and systematic support to the Systems Infrastructure Director, maintain computing environment by identifying infrastructure requirements, installing upgrades and monitoring day-to-day operations, performance and availability of infrastructure.
- Thorough knowledge of, but not limited to, VMware ESX, Microsoft Windows Server operating system (AD, DNS, etc.), Microsoft Exchange, Cisco network and telephony equipment, security devices and connectivity in a corporate environment.
- Thorough knowledge of, but not limited to, general network technologies and equipment, such as routers, switches, firewalls, load balancers, network management and network diagnostic tools.
- Thorough knowledge of, but not limited to, general systems technologies and equipment, such as blade servers, SAN fabrics (iSCSI, FC), enterprise storage solutions and appropriate management applications for these systems.
- Minimum of 4 years of experience with network and systems installations, configurations and troubleshooting in a corporate network environment.
- Accredited certifications in networking, systems, telephony. Preferably at least one certification in each aspect of the infrastructure role.
- Establishes infrastructure specifications by conferring with users, analyzing workflow, access, information and security requirements.
- Maintains infrastructure by evaluating network and system performance issues including availability, utilization, throughput, and latency, planning and executing the selection, installation, configuration, and testing of equipment and establishing connections.
- Maintains infrastructure security by performing network and system monitoring and analysis, troubleshooting issues and escalating problems to vendor (if necessary) and evaluating firewall ACLs, IPS/IDS reports and proactive analysis.
- Upgrades infrastructure by conferring with vendors, developing, testing, evaluating and installing enhancements.
- Enhance job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities, reading professional publications, maintaining personal lab environments and/or participating in professional organizations.
- Protects organization's value by keeping information confidential. Maintain verbal security while speaking to non-compartmental associates and while outside the faciltiy.
- Accomplishes organization goals by accepting ownership for accomplishing new and different requests and exploring opportunities to add value to job accomplishments.
- Be available for on call support when assigned or when critical emergencies arise.
- Support staff and organization in assigned project-based work.