SWCA Environmental Consultants
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Archaeological, Cultural Resources Crew Leader
at SWCA Environmental Consultants
- Requisition Number
- # of Openings
- Office Location
- US-LA-Baton Rouge
- Cultural Resources/Archaeology
- Hire Type
About the opportunity
SWCA Environmental Consultants is expanding their team and looking for dynamic individuals who are following their passion in delivering the highest-quality project work. We are looking for an Archaeological Crew Chief with Louisiana (or greater southeastern) experience in historic and/or prehistoric archaeology. This is a regular, full-time hourly position with benefits. Compensation is based on experience and qualifications.
The position is based out of our Baton Rouge, Louisiana Office, and the applicant must be willing to relocate to its metropolitan area, if not already there. The successful candidate will become part of a dynamic Louisiana team that enjoys excellent relationships with a wide range of local, regional, and state agencies, as well as private and nonprofit clients. Our Baton Rouge office is expanding and offers an exciting work environment with field projects all over the State of Louisiana and the surrounding region.
Your role will be to lead archaeology field crews in support of a variety of renewable energy, oil and gas, energy transmission, transportation, and land development projects. A successful candidate(s) should be able to work outside in challenging conditions and travel extensively.
What you will accomplish
- Supervising and leading a crew while conducting archaeological monitoring, survey, testing, and data recovery.
- Communicating with Field Directors, Project Managers, and GIS staff through regular, scheduled field status reports.
- Participating in technical research and writing and data QA/QC for reporting efforts.
- Assisting with mapping responsibilities in the field, including collection of GPS data using Trimble units.
Experience and qualifications for success
- Minimum of a Bachelor’s Degree in anthropology, archaeology or a closely related field required (Master’s Degree preferred).
- Completed an accredited field school.
- A minimum of two (2) years of experience with a wide range of field methodologies, including archaeological survey, testing, excavation, and monitoring preferred.
- Ability to work well in a team-based environment.
- Able to maintain a positive attitude while working in adverse conditions.
- Previous field supervisory experience preferred.
- Willing to travel overnight for an extended period of time.
- Knowledge of TerraSync or ArcGIS Collector is a plus.
- Ability to travel to a location, walk and conduct fieldwork for long hours, sometimes in inclement weather, rugged terrain, often at high altitudes, and ability to carry equipment and supplies weighing up to 40 pounds is required.
- Must have a valid driver’s license and clean driving record.
- The ability to safely operate a four-wheel-drive vehicle on rugged, backcountry roads is a plus.
SWCA Environmental Consultants is a growing employee-owned firm, providing a full spectrum of environmental services. With offices across the United States, SWCA is one of the largest environmental compliance firms and ranks among Engineering News-Record’s Top 200 Environmental Firms.
If you would like to contact SWCA regarding the accessibility of our website or need assistance completing the online application process due to a disability, please email email@example.com or call 800-828-8517. This contact information is for disability accommodation requests only. All other inquiries will not receive a response.
EOE - women, minorities, individuals with disabilities and veterans are encouraged to apply.