SWCA Environmental Consultants
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
NEPA Project Manager/Environmental Planner
at SWCA Environmental Consultants
- Requisition Number
- # of Openings
- Office Location
- US-LA-Baton Rouge
- Operational Management
- Hire Type
About the opportunity
SWCA Environmental Consultants has an exciting opportunity for a NEPA Project Manager/Environmental Planner with experience assisting applicants and federal agencies in managing the preparation of environmental documents across the company. This is a regular, salaried position based in our Baton Rouge office, for a self-motivated NEPA practitioner with attention to detail and strong communication skills. Individuals need to be willing and able to work with peers across various offices and accomplish tasks associated with a variety of projects in any given week. The ability to work directly with clients is imperative. The interest in pursuing new business is also desirable.
What you will accomplish
- Coordinate and/or assist in the preparation of NEPA documents for a variety of federal agencies.
- Lead and/or support marketing efforts throughout the U.S., including business development, client outreach, preparing proposals, and conducting interviews and presentations.
- Write various sections of environmental documents and review and edit other sections prepared by technical specialists.
- Provide advice and guidance on complex federal regulatory issues for projects.
- Ensure project quality, scheduling, and budget objectives are clear and met.
- Take initiative, resolve problems, and identify improved procedures to assure client needs are met effectively
- Work closely with project managers, directors, and principals throughout the company to promote SWCA’s business interests in adherences to its mission, vision, and values.
- Willingness to learn, have fun, and grow into increased management and leadership responsibilities.
Experience and qualifications for success
- Bachelor’s degree in environmental planning, environmental science, or a related field. Master’s degree a plus.
- At least five (5) years of progressively responsible and applicable experience preparing NEPA documents.
- Working knowledge of NEPA, Clean Water Act, Endangered Species Act, National Historic Preservation Act, and other state and federal environmental laws and regulations.
- Excellent communication skills both written and verbal.
- Strong analytical skills with the ability to take a logical approach to tasks.
- Demonstrated organizational, analytical, and document management skills with the ability to work in a team environment with strong multi-tasking skills able to work on more than one project at a time, meeting tight deadlines.
- Clean driving record required.
- Ability to travel as needed for projects.
SWCA Environmental Consultants is a growing employee-owned firm, providing a full spectrum of environmental services. With offices across the United States, SWCA is one of the largest environmental compliance firms and ranks among Engineering News-Record’s Top 200 Environmental Firms.
If you would like to contact SWCA regarding the accessibility of our website or need assistance completing the online application process due to a disability, please email email@example.com or call 800-828-8517. This contact information is for disability accommodation requests only. All other inquiries will not receive a response.
EOE - women, minorities, individuals with disabilities and veterans are encouraged to apply.