TC Howe Community High School
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Assistant Principal-Lafayette Renaissance Charter Academy
at TC Howe Community High School
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Assists the principal in establishing and maintaining an effective learning climate in the school.
- Assists the principal in the overall administration of the school.
- Serves as principal in the absence of the regular principal.
- Assists the principal in the design and implementation of programs, based on current educational theory and research, to meet the specific needs of the school and its students.
- Facilitates and evaluates, in assigned departments, the CSUSA-approved instructional program in a manner designed to maximize the cognitive and affective progress of each student.
- Assists the principal in the acquisition and utilization of instructional supplies, equipment and textbooks for the school.
- Assists the principal in facilitating services for all students in the school including, but not limited to, those with special needs.
- Participates, as requested, in school-level activities to design educational philosophy and goals which maximize student growth.
- Assists the principal in overseeing the facility and grounds of the assigned school and makes recommendations about short-range and long-range needs.
- Assists in the development of a schedule which maximizes the educational program for students and utilizes district resources to their greatest advantage.
- Assists the principal in conducting an on-going assessment of the educational program in the assigned school, including the strengths and areas in need of improvement; the analysis of test results, attendance records, discipline reports; feedback from students, staff, administrators and parents; and other formal and informal data.
Serves as Administrator of School
- Evaluates performance in assigned departments in accordance with state law and regulation, and CSUSA policy and practices.
- Serves as acting Principal responsible for building operations when Principal is out of the building.
- Assists the principal in the orientation of new staff in accordance with state law and regulation as well as CSUSA policy and procedures.
- Generates and maintains personnel records, reports and documentation as required by state and federal law and regulation as well as by CSUSA policy and procedures.
- Works to achieve/sustain 100% of projected student enrollment capacity.
- Maintains high standards of student conduct and enforces discipline as necessary, according due process rights of the students
- Establishes and publishes guidelines for proper student conduct in keeping with state law, CSUSA policy and school practices in cooperation with the principal
- Attends school-related activities and events to oversee student behavior and achievements
- Generates and maintains accurate discipline records
- Works with students, staff, parents, law enforcement officials and others in the implementation of student behavior codes in cooperation with the principal
- Assists the principal in the recruiting, screening, background check and reference checks and recommends and assigns school staff. Is familiar with hiring statutory laws and state regulations.
- Supports the new hire/recruiting process by properly completing job requisition form, offer letter request, and other items as needed, and secure all the required paperwork (applications and Release forms).
- Supports the Principal during the new employee-interview process, as needed.
- Assists Human Resources Department in maintaining compliance with certification guidelines.
- Ensures new hire paperwork is coordinated with the Business Administrator/Bookkeeper and on schedule with the payroll calendar.
- Maintains personnel files in a confidential manner.
- Conducts new employee orientation. Insures the signed Employee Handbook acknowledgement has been received.
- Supports the Principal in disciplinary actions, coach & counsels, exit interviews, etc… as requested.
- Assists the Principal and Human Resources Department in coordinating Performance Appraisal process, including maintaining data in SIS & HR on-line systems.
Communicates with Stakeholders
- Assists the principal in promoting on-going, two-way communications with relevant audiences (i.e., students, staff, parents, community residents) to enhance the educational program provided by the school.
- Assists the principal in utilizing the resources of the school and community to enhance the educational program
- Serves as a member of such committees and attends such meetings as directed by the principal and/or Vice President of Education
**MAY PERFORM OTHER DUTIES AS ASSIGNED**
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this job. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel so classified.
SKILLS AND KNOWLEDGE
- Demonstrates enthusiasm and commitment toward the job and the mission of the company; supports the company’s values in the strategic areas of academic excellence, operational performance, superior culture, and financial health and growth, as outlined in the Employee Handbook.
- Demonstrates the ability to lead people and get results through others.
- Establishes excellent interpersonal skills between all constituents: being courteous, professional, and helpful; demonstrates high level of interpersonal skills to handle sensitive and confidential situations. Position continually requires demonstrated poise, tact and diplomacy.
- Works and interacts with individual at all levels of the organization.
- Thinks ahead and plan over a 1-2 year time span.
- Has the ability to organize and manage multiple priorities.
- Has the ability to consistently be at work, to arrive on time, to follow instructions, to respond to management direction and solicit feedback to improve performance.
- Looks for ways to improve and promote quality and demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness. Strives to research, evaluate and implement best practices.
- Ability to work with large amounts of data, to interpret data, to detect errors, and prepare reports.
- Is able to coach and manage the performance of others
- Possesses strong customer and student orientation.
- Is proactive and takes initiative. Thinks creatively. Drives projects to completion. Insists on highest level of quality.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The noise level in the work environment is moderate. Noise level may rise during periods of high student traffic.
- Agility and ability to quickly move in a school environment where children are present.
- Travel within or outside of Florida.
- Light work: Exerting up to 20 pounds of force occasionally, and/or up to 10 pounds of force as frequently as needed to move objects.
FLSA OVERTIME CATEGORY
Job is exempt from the overtime provisions of the Fair Labor Standards Act.
Performance will be evaluated in accordance with Charter Schools USA’s policy.
The Charter Schools USA Human Resources Department retains the sole right and discretion to make changes to this job description. Any employee making changes unauthorized by Human Resources Department will be subject to disciplinary action up to and including termination.
- Master’s degree (MA) from an accredited college or university or equivalent.
- Professional Certification in Educational Leadership in Applicable State.
- Two to five years relevant experience (in school administration preferred) and/or training.
- Experience in student instruction.
- Equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Successful results of criminal and employment background check.
- Such alternatives to the above requirements as CSUSA may find appropriate and acceptable.