The Geo Group
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
at The Geo Group
Facility: RS JEFFERSON PARISH, LA DRC
Compensation Bonus (if applicable):
Equal Opportunity Employer.
We are hiring! Our facility is conducting telephone interviews at this time.
THIS IS A FULL TIME CASE MANAGER POSITION AT OUR HARVEY DAY REPORTING CENTER
Under close supervision, this position provides support and structure to participants in developing program plans by managing a caseload of participants and administering the policies and procedures of the program as directed by the contracting agency and the Program Manager. Learns, uses and models the principles of the “What Works” system through evidence-based practices in all interactions with participants and other staff members.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
- Prepares written personalized programs for each participant to establish measurable criteria of expected behavior and accomplishments and a time frame for achieving specified goals. Reviews plan with participants on a regular basis and document progress or revisions so that they are gaining the life skills necessary to make a successful reentry into the community.
- Assists participants to establish personal budget, locate suitable housing, enroll in educational and vocational programs and participate in family and community activities, as appropriate, to ensure that they are working towards financial independence.
- May orient participants upon arrival at facility to provide smooth assimilation into program including having them complete paperwork, take facility tours, or introduce to other participants.
- Make entries into confidential participant files to provide the structure for case analysis and program planning and to provide documentation of program participation. Ensure files are secure to protect participant confidentiality.
- Prepares terminal reports within established time parameters upon participant release to summarize program performance and to satisfy contract requirements.
- Participates in staff meetings by sharing observations and recommendations regarding the facility, participants and staff relations to identify and solve problems and function as a unified team.
- Maintains confidentiality obtained through job duties regarding employees, vendors, participants, and outside agencies so that sensitive information is only given on a "need to know" basis. Monitors participant’s compliance with alcohol and drug counseling when required.
- Reports all program violations to the appropriate agency or official via the established reporting parameters.
- Conducts orientation meetings with new participants to explain program rules and regulations. Verbally explains the participant’s contract in detail to ensure that the participant understands his/her responsibilities.
- Sets participants schedules and specifies all approved activities based on sentencing information. Approves temporary schedule changes for approved activities.
- Communicate effectively with all levels of staff in a manner that promotes a team spirit and a sense of cooperation.
- Complies with work rules and policies as explained in the company Employee Handbook, and the Facility Policies and Procedures Manual; and responds positively to directives from managers and supervisors in a cooperative spirit to ensure conformance to standards.
- Adheres to attendance policy; work overtime as required, to ensure adequate coverage of the program and to ensure the safety and security of the participants.
- Complies with safety rules; take appropriate corrective action to ensure work is performed in a safe manner and without injury to self or others.
- Communicates effectively with all levels of staff in a manner that promotes a team spirit and a sense of cooperation.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in Human Services discipline or equivalent
- Familiar with community corrections systems and current community corrections practices.
- Familiar with community work force needs, public and private agencies and employment services.
- Ability to write clear concise reports in English using correct grammar.
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply, divide, and calculate percentages.
- Must be able to react quickly and appropriately in an emergency situation.
- Bilingual in English/Spanish preferred, but not mandatory.
- Ability to work with computers and the necessary software typically used by the department.
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER