The Geo Group
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
at The Geo Group
Job Status: Full Time
Job Reference #: J3N2XN7833RDDG1Q92B
Categories: Police/Fire/Emergency Personnel
Facility: PINE PRAIRIE CORRECTIONAL CENTER
Compensation Bonus (if applicable):
Equal Opportunity Employer.
- This position is responsible for conducting all PREA-related investigations assigned to the facility. Responds to and processes potential crime scenes. Prepares investigative reports associated with and adheres to all standards issued by the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) in regards to the Prison Rape Elimination Act (PREA).
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
- Conducts investigative reports by determining appropriate information, interviewing, researching, and other necessary duties to fully understand the nature of the event.
- Writes reports that explain findings using PREA standards.
- Recommends appropriate action if necessary.
- Acts as liaison between Contract Compliance PREA section and other departments in coordination with Prevention of Sexual Abuse (PSA) Compliance Administrator.
- Consults with Corporate PREA team and OPR to ensure investigations are thoroughly completed in accordance to established PREA policies.
- Works closely with the facility PSA Compliance Administrator and facility PREA response team.
- Participates in Sexual Abuse Incident Reviews and After Action Reviews as required by established policies.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- High School diploma or GED certificate.
- Four (4) years of experience in a correctional setting. Two (2) years of progressively responsible professional investigative experience which demonstrates initiative, ingenuity, resourcefulness, and judgment required to collect, assemble, and develop facts and other pertinent data.
- Ability to think logically and objectively, to analyze and evaluate facts, evidence and related information, and arrive at sound conclusions.
- Ability to write reports and make oral presentations of investigative findings in a clear and concise manner.
- Ability to use tact, discretion, and capacity for obtaining the cooperation and confidence of others.
- Knowledge of the Prison Rape Elimination Act (PREA) preferred
- Ability to work independently or in collaboration with others.
- Well organized, multi-task oriented.
- Ability to communicate effectively through verbal and written correspondence.
- Ability to develop accurate and effective reports that may explain technical information.
- Ability to work with computers and the applicable software used by the department
- Must successfully complete specialized training: Investigating Sexual Abuse in Correctional Settings and GEO OPR Investigations Training.
- Ability to obtain certification for training such as CPR, First Aid and firearms.
- Ability to maintain high tolerance to mental stress.
- Ability to understand and carry out moderately complex oral and written instructions.
- Ability to work outdoors in varying climatic conditions.
- Ability to work with computers and the necessary software typically used by the department
Please click on the link below to apply for this position. A new window will open and direct you to apply at our corporate careers page. We look forward to hearing from you!