The Geo Group
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
at The Geo Group
Facility: SOUTH LOUISIANA ICE PROCESSING CENTER
Compensation Bonus (if applicable):
Equal Opportunity Employer.
Performs duties and tasks related maintaining the facility’s laundry operations to include control and supervision of workers and the safe operation of the equipment used. A through knowledge of facility operational procedures, facility emergency plans and other directional memoranda issued by authorized staff is required to perform the assigned duties of this position.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
- Monitors daily usage and inspects the industrial washers and dryers, in addition to all other equipment in the laundry facility.
- Adjusts valves, switches and levers to start, operate, and stop the machinery, in addition to controlling the temperature of the water.
- Ensures that laundry equipment is checked on a regular basis and that any problems noted are reported to the property authority. Performs basic maintenance and repair of laundry equipment using manuals and their past history.
- Re-issues and exchanges worn-out clothing.
- Maintains security measures by counting and making rounds through the laundry on a periodic basis. Makes random searches of the laundry. Ensures that no ironing or starching is done on unauthorized clothing.
- Ensures sick-outs are called in to the Control Center during counts.
- Maintains an updated inventory of all clothing in the building such as, but not limited to clothes to be repaired, blankets, and uniforms. Ensures that the proper amount of cleaned clothing is returned to the delivering officer.
- Ensures that the building, as well as the outside area designated for laundry, is kept clean and secure.
- Accounts for all tools assigned to the laundry. Notifies immediate supervisor if tools are missing.
- Controls, issues, and accounts for all chemicals and hazardous materials used in the laundry operation. Ensures that all materials are in accordance with all safety and ACA Standards.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- High School diploma or GED equivalent.
- Experience in the use of industrial machinery.
- Must be mature, flexible, cooperative and empathetic to the total needs of the facility.
- Ability to work under policies and regulations.
- Must be in good physical condition and of good moral character.
- Must be able to communicate effectively, both verbally and in writing.
- Ability to work with computers and the necessary software typically used by the department.