The Geo Group
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
at The Geo Group
Facility: SOUTH LOUISIANA CORRECTIONAL CENTER
Compensation Bonus (if applicable):
Equal Opportunity Employer.
- Maintains and repairs physical structures of buildings and adjacent grounds through the use of proper methods and materials in caring for the building(s) and equipment.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
- Cuts grass, trims hedges, shovels snow, sweeps and cleans walks as well as assisting in keeping outside premises in orderly condition.
- Moves furniture and equipment, delivers supplies, stores supplies, and runs errands.
- Performs general maintenance such as making simple repairs to buildings and equipment.
- Evaluates and coordinates minor plumbing and electrical repairs. Contact and coordinate repairs with vendors.
- Performs routine custodial duties in the building including but not limited to cleaning latrines, stripping and waxing floors, emptying trash, and restocking paper products and cleaning supplies.
- Performs, evaluates, and coordinates general carpentry repairs on doors and furnishings, painting, patching and pointing as needed.
- Performs routine vehicle maintenance such as changing oil, checking tires, belts, hoses, and etc.
- Maintains all related grounds keeping equipment including mowers, weed eaters, rakes, snow removal equipment, and etc.
- Performs routine maintenance, repair, and testing of the standby generators.
- Maintains records of purchases, work orders, and time schedules.
- Keeps maintenance records/requisitions/etc.
- Inspect all fine equipment monthly and record results.
- Be on call after hours for non-emergency and emergency maintenance situations.
- Assesses needs and advises appropriate manager of non-routine or major repairs or problems.
- Supports the Abraxas philosophy and mission and promotes the Seven Key Principles of care.
The following educational requirements are acceptable for this classification including:
- High school diploma or GED and minimum two years related general maintenance experience.
- Other Qualifications:
- At least twenty-one (21) years of age.
- Criminal clearances (Act 33 and 34, specific State & child clearances and, if necessary, FBI).
- Non-communicable diseases physical exam.
- Valid driver's license from employee’s state of residence.
- Valid registered vehicle insurance.
- Ability to work with computers and the necessary software typically used by the department.