The Geo Group
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
at The Geo Group
Facility: LaSalle Detention Facility
Compensation Bonus (if applicable):
Equal Opportunity Employer.
Entry-level clerical position requiring familiarity with policies, procedures, practices and terminology established by the company and facility. The sensitive nature of the position requires the incumbent to exercise discretion and retain confidentiality of information obtained by discussions or recorded data.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
- Performs data entry and maintenance of computer files.
- Collects and reviews all pertinent documents associated with the legal transfer of detainees.
- Maintains the detainee record for each new detainee that arrives at the facility. Updates files as required.
- Develops and submits required reports relative to the facility detainee file system, as well as other reports as required.
- Audits the detainee file pursuant to facility policy.
- Prepares detainee files for the release of detainees.
- Assists in the detainee release process as required.
- Assists in maintaining facility security, especially in area of responsibility, and promptly reports any violations or security hazards to appropriate supervisory staff.
- Adheres to company policies, procedures, and specific facility regulations including posted special orders and instructions. Maintains strict control of all equipment and supplies used in performance of duty especially those items that could be used for illicit purposes.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- High School diploma or GED equivalent required.
- Minimum of two (2) years of clerical experience with emphasis on secretarial duties.
- Experience in word processing and good knowledge of various software programs.
- Must be able to type 30 wpm with accuracy.
- Working knowledge of business English, good grammar and spelling skills, and ability to develop correspondence, reports and operational directives. Excellent organizational and communication skills.
- Ability to understand and carry out moderately complex oral and written instructions; to make minor decisions in accordance with rules and regulations as they apply to work problems; to maintain facility records; and to meet and deal effectively with the public and detainees.