The Geo Group
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
TOOL ROOM CLERK
at The Geo Group
Facility: SOUTH LOUISIANA ICE PROCESSING CENTER
Compensation Bonus (if applicable):
Equal Opportunity Employer.
Under direct supervision, issues, receives, and stores hand tools and other facility equipment. Keeps an inventory of all tools, and orders new equipment when needed.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
- Issues tools to proper maintenance and facility personnel. Ensures issued tools are in good working condition, defective tools are surveyed and disposed of in accordance with established procedures, and employees responsible for tools conduct tool inventories as prescribed by policy.
- Receives/gathers and tracks all incoming tools, while maintaining orderly inventory and storage of facility tools/equipment.
- Maintains file of lost tool reports and monitors for accuracy, frequency of losses from a particular shop, and search efforts. Facilitates ordering new equipment and tools as needed.
- Performs duties which require through knowledge of tool control policies and procedures and tactful cooperation with all concerned departments.
- Ensures dangerous hazardous materials/equipment are under constant visual supervision.
- Performs other marginal duties as assigned by management.
- High school diploma or equivalent certification required.
- College coursework and advanced training in behavioral sciences, correctional services or related field preferred. Training in cultural diversity or sensitivity preferred.
- Possession of applicable state requisites for employment.
- Ability to work overtime as required.
- Ability to handle physical and mental stress associated with working extended hours.
- Must be able to regularly report to work without being late.
- Ability to be physically alert on any shift that is assigned.
- Ability to work up to sixteen (16) hours within a rolling 24 hour period.
- Work experience in a correctional setting preferred.
- May be required to possess valid state driver’s license.
- Must be mature, flexible, able to command the respect and confidence of inmates or detainees and staff, philosophically committed to the objectives of the facility, and possess a high tolerance to mental stress.