Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Information System Security Officer (ISSO) - FPLA
- 08-Jul-2019 to 31-Aug-2019 (CST)
- Fort Polk South, LA, USA
- Full Time
Trideum Corporation has an opening for an Information System Security Officer (ISSO) supporting the Fort Polk, LA (FPLA) Berry Mission Training Complex (BMTC). This is a full-time position, contingent upon contract award.
Duties: The ISSO is the overall coordinator and implementer for the Berry MTC's RMF program. The ISSO is responsible for ensuring the appropriate operational security posture is maintained and documented for BMTC information systems. The position is responsible for defining & implementing standard operating procedures, implementing DoD, Army, & BMTC policies, and creating & implementing plans of action and milestones (POA&M) in response to vulnerabilities identified during risk assessments, audits, & inspections. Assures successful implementation and functionality of security requirements and appropriate IT policies and procedures that are consistent with the organization's mission and goals. Coordinates with Technical Integration Section to ensure latest software, patches, and STIG's are being installed and reported. Reports to the Site Manager.
- Minimum travel required
- High School diploma or GED
- Cyber Security Management Level 2 (IAM2) Baseline certification
- Expert understanding of NIST, DoD, and Army cybersecurity and RMF policies, directives, instructions, manuals, and best business practices
- Knowledge of current industry methods for evaluating, implementing, and disseminating IT security assessments, monitoring, detection, and remediation tools and procedures utilizing standards-based concepts and capabilities
- Knowledge of disaster recovery continuity of operations plans
- Knowledge of enterprise incident response programs, roles, and responsibilities
- Knowledge of network security architecture concepts, including topology, protocols, components, and principles (e.g., application of Defense-in-Depth)
- Knowledge of known vulnerabilities from alerts, advisories, errata, and bulletins
- Knowledge of measures or indicators of system performance and availability
- Knowledge of network systems management principles, models, methods (e.g., end-to-end systems performance monitoring), and tools
- Knowledge of server administration and systems engineering theories, concepts, and methods
- Knowledge of systems lifecycle management principles, including software security and usability
- Skilled in determining how a security system should work (including its resilience and dependability capabilities) and how changes in conditions, operations, or the environment will affect outcomes
- Current Secret clearance
- Military service with experience in areas similar to those listed under required qualifications
- Familiarity with military (preferably US Army) training, operations, training aids, devices, simulators, and simulations (TADSS), and mission command information systems (MCIS)
Security Clearance: Applicants selected will be subject to a government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information. Any formal job offer will be contingent upon the incumbents' receipt of an Interim Secret Clearance and successful adjudication of the security clearance process.
Equal Opportunity Employer: All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other characteristic protected by law. People with disabilities who need a reasonable accommodation to apply or compete for employment with Trideum may request such accommodation(s) by contacting Human Resources at 256.704.6123 or HR@trideum.com.