United Surgical Partners International Inc (USPI)
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Pre Op/PACU Registered Nurse - PRN
at United Surgical Partners International Inc (USPI)
The Registered Nurse Perioperative is qualified to perform patient care in more than one of the following areas: Pre-op nurse obtaining patient history and preparing patient for surgery, Operating Room nurse providing nursing care of the patient within the Operating Room, or Post-anesthesia care nurse. Will preop patients, circulate in operating room and recover patients
EDUCATION, TRAINING AND EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS:
- Current Louisiana Nursing License
- Current CPR, ACLS, and PALS
- Graduate of an accredited school of nursing
- Minimum 2 year experience in a hospital setting
- Ability to recognize, evaluate, solve problems and correct errors.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with patients, hospital staff, physicians, vendors and the public.
- Excellent communication and organizational skills.
- Demonstrates accountability, professionalism, openness, receptive to change, creativity and innovative.
- Excellent communication skills
- Ability to adapt to change quickly, strong knowledge base relative to surgery procedures and management of the surgical patient
- Understands principles of aseptic technique and their implementation
- Ability to care for patients from infancy to geriatrics
- Excellent teaching skills
- Basic knowledge of Performance Improvement ideology
*Urology experience a plus.
*Experience working in an ASC is a plus.
*Must be team-oriented and patient-focused.