Waste Connections, inc.
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
General Laborer Helper
at Waste Connections, inc.
Job TitleGeneral Laborer Helper
Requisition Primary LocationRayne, Louisiana
Waste Connections, Inc. has an immediate opening for a General Laborer Helper to service the Duson, LA area. The position will be responsible for helping the driver of a garbage truck on specified routes to manually collect solid waste and transport it to appropriate disposal sites. Daily work will involve heavy industrial lifting, lifting waist high, gripping with hands, moving at a brisk consistent pace, and occasional bending. This position will also be responsible for safely, efficiently, and courteously serving customers.
In this position you will be working Monday-Friday typically about a 10 hour day. On top of competitive pay we offer family benefits, 401k, vacation, and year round work.
Who Are We?
WASTE CONNECTIONS, Inc. (NYSE: WCN) is not only the best waste services company in North America, it is also an amazing place to realize your potential, make decisions, have your voice heard, and partner with extremely hard working and passionate people! We seek servant leaders, mentors, top performers, and fun people. At Waste Connections, we value each individual’s unique background, experience, and passion to make us a great place to work.
Why You Need to Join Us!
• CULTURE: It’s a Great place to work! We work in an environment where empowered, self-directed all-stars know what they do is important.
• INTEGRITY: Our definition is “saying what you will do and then doing it!” We keep our promises to our customers and our employees.
• RESPECT: We show respect for our customers and fellow employees. Respect for ourselves grows through all the hard work and great service we provide to the communities we are privileged to serve.
Duties and responsibilities:
· Assist Driver in collecting waste from residences and businesses in a safe, courteous, professional manner.
· Assist driver in backing the vehicle, cleaning the vehicle cab, daily records, and help clean up any spills.
WORKING CONDITIONS AND PHYSICAL EFFORT:
· Will be subject to extreme weather conditions, repeated heavy lifting, pushing and pulling totes / receptacles to and from truck to the designated area of customer.
· Be able to lift 70+ lbs throughout a 10 hour shift.
· Must be flexible in hours of operation from holidays, weekend, and overtime.
· Subject to High Traffic Areas at times, must wear required PPE at all times
Waste Connections is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer (Minorities/Female/Disabled/Veterans)
Who We Are
Waste Connections is an integrated solid waste services company that provides solid waste collection, transfer, disposal and recycling services in mostly exclusive and secondary markets. Our goal is to create an environment where self-directed, empowered employees strive to consistently fulfill our constituent commitments and seek to create positive impacts through interactions with customers, communities, and fellow employees.
OUR PEOPLE MEAN EVERYTHING TO US
Waste Connections is always working to protect the health of the communities we serve, and we are grateful for the hard work and dedication that you bring to your job every day. Working here means you are a safety-minded individual who is making important contributions on a daily basis that will make a positive impact on those around you. We appreciate that you are a person of integrity who takes pride in the work you do.
BUILD TALENT FROM WITHIN
People who want to gain valuable professional experience will find that Waste Connections is a fantastic place to work. You’ll enjoy the opportunity for beneficial training and professional development opportunities that can help enhance your skills and lead the way to a more promising future.
LET’S REALIZE YOUR GOALS TOGETHER
Bring your passion to succeed and you’ll quickly discover that great opportunities are all around you. At Waste Connections, you’ll thrive if you are friendly, dedicated, and prefer a work hard/play hard culture that is focused on maintaining our reputation as the premier waste services company in the markets we serve.