Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Shop Helper / Prep. Technician
at WastePro USA
101 Sanford Refab-SFAB
Would you love a job that feels like a hobby? Make a difference and have fun while getting the opportunity to restore a variety of vehicles to a Better than New condition. Waste Pro is hiring a Shop Helper / Prep. Technician to join the Museum - Refab Team located in Sanford, Florida!
The Waste Pro Garbage Truck Museum, boasts a collection of original and restored antique waste collection trucks that showcase the company's rich history of innovation.
SUMMARY OF POSITION: Assist mechanics in performing minor repairs, preventative maintenance, inspections, and diagnostics tests.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
1. Perform preventive maintenance on company vehicles, examples pick-up trucks and dump trucks with trailers. Check tires and fluid levels; change oil, adjust fluid levels, repair tires, change belts, replace light bulbs and batteries; and check major components and systems and overall working condition of vehicles under general supervision.
2. Assist mechanic with repairs on large equipment
3. Cleans up work areas including shop and tools, fuels vehicles and equipment as needed.
4. Performs yard work, including mowing and paper pick up,
5. Maintains a clean, safe work area in compliance with corporate and OSHA standards.
6. Utilizes vehicle computer electronics systems to interpret failure modes to initiate or assign repairs.
7. Conducts safety checks on vehicles and equipment.
OTHER JOB RESPONSIBILITIES:
* Employees in this job classification must attend and participate in corporation sponsored training courses as assigned.
* Employees in this job classification are responsible for keeping up to date on current technology, as job appropriate, being used by Waste Pro .
* Any additional job duties that may be assigned by the Supervisor.
* Normal setting for this job is: Inside and Outside with occasional exposure to extreme weather conditions.
* Knowledge of all maintenance and repair techniques
* Mechanical or trade school certification, preferred
* Knowledge of all tools required to perform repairs and maintenance on vehicles
* Computer skills as required
Special Considerations/Physical Work Requirements:
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the job.
* Required to exert physical effort in handling objects up to 50 pounds;
* Shop environment including, but not limited to, machines, tools, heavy equipment, chemicals, solvents, strong odors, dust and fumes.
* Exposure to chemical and residential waste.