West Fraser Timber Co. Ltd.
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
at West Fraser Timber Co. Ltd.
West Fraser, Inc.is the largest southern yellow pine lumber producer in the United States operating twenty-one mills with 3200 employees across nine southern states. West Fraser Timber, our parent company, is an integrated producer with corporate headquarters located in Vancouver, Canada. Over the last 15 years the company has grown significantly in the United States both from acquisition and from significant capital investment.
We are seeking highly-motivated, career minded individuals to join our team in our divisions in the southern United States as Control Technicians.
The successful candidate will have demonstrated abilities in strong analytical and technical skills, and the energy and drive to support and grow as West Fraser continues to grow and build out our US lumber business.
This position will work with the electrical team at the facility and will be responsible for helping to maintain and improve the PLC and other automation control systems while ensuring that all work is completed in a safe reliable manner.
Responsible for managing small projects and day to day work planning.
Works with vendors to maximize uptime and throughput of the various machines in the process.
Looks for continuous improvement possibilities in the process.
Provides training to electrical personnel in the controls systems and PLC programming.
May be asked to travel to other locations to help work with the facilities controls group to resolve issues.
This position requires the following education and experience:
- Technical Degree
- Previous Industrial Experience
- Familiar with Allen Bradley products, VFD Drives, Soft Starters and HMI’s
- Experience with PLC 5 and Control Logix PLC platforms
- Experience with communication network protocols: ethernet, devicenet, controlnet
- Proficient in computer and Microsoft Office software packages
- Experience working with high and low voltages
- Demonstrated supervisor abilities
- Ability to manage small projects and day to day work planning
- Experience following electrical schematics
- Good track record with troubleshooting skills
- A proven safe work record
The ideal candidate is someone who:
- Has excellent communication skills
- Can work with minimal supervision
- Wants to grow and consider relocation opportunities to further develop themselves
- Has a serviced based attitude to support production needs
- Looks for continuous process improvements
- Works well in a team environment
- Has the ability to work with vendor’s for process to maximize uptime
- Is willing to work flexible hours based on business needs
Offers of employment are contingent upon successful completion of a pre-employment background check, drug screen test and physical.
- West Fraser, Inc. offers competitive benefits including medical, dental, life insurance, disability, and 401-K savings plans.
If you are ready to build your career in a company that thrives on growth, a safe work environment, rewarding work, along with challenge and opportunity, come build your career with us at West Fraser: www.westfraser.com
We thank all candidates for their interest; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted. Please apply through our online application process as resumes will not be accepted at the site. No phone inquiries, please.
West Fraser is an Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/V/D & Drug Free Workplace (DFW)?