West Fraser Timber Co. Ltd.
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Quality Control Supervisor- Sawmill
at West Fraser Timber Co. Ltd.
Quality Control Supervisor
West Fraser is a diversified North American wood products company producing southern yellow pine lumber and wood chips across the Southern US and Western Canada. We are the largest lumber producer in North America!
Our employees operate in a culture that values safety first and rewards hard work. We recognize and support our team culture and focus on growing our team by promoting from within – many of our employees have built their careers with us.
- Check and improve all optimized machine centers
- Check, report and improve mill product distribution and flow
- Monitor recovery trends
- Implement and perform efficiency studies related to the overall process
Required skills and experience include:
- Understanding of electronics
- Understand of scanning, optimization and processing
- Have the ability to understand individual optimized machine centers
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Demonstrated computer skills
- Demonstrated math and reading comprehension skills
- Be willing to acquire additional education/training to stay on top of technology advancements
- Experience in manufacturing environment
- 2 or 4-year college degree is desired
- Lumber grading certification is desired
- Relocation is negotiable
- Must successfully complete a pre-employment drug screen and background check
If you are ready to build your career in a company that thrives on growth, a safe work environment, rewarding work, challenge and opportunity, come build your career with us at West Fraser: www.westfraser.com
Internal Candidates: We encourage you to apply using UltiPro's online application. Please login to your UltiPro account (https://t11.ultipro.ca). In the Menu, select "My Company" and "View Opportunities" to view the position description and to submit your online application.
We thank all candidates for their interest; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted. Please apply through our online application process as resumes will not be accepted at the site. No phone inquiries, please.
West Fraser is an Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/V/D & Drug Free Workplace (DFW)