Yokogawa Corporation of America
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
at Yokogawa Corporation of America
Every high-technology product from Yokogawa has to fulfill three basic criteria: Quality, Innovation, and Foresight. We are one of the world leaders in industrial automation and process optimization, information systems and industrial services. We develop, engineer, implement and maintain technology that requires highly trained, and skilled professionals to maintain and further develop our quality processes. To execute our mission to become the leading Controls Solution Provider in North America, we are seeking a Resident Engineer
Yokogawa is currently searching for a Resident Engineer.
Responsible for delivering customer satisfaction through analysis, design, and implementation of a control system or subsystems and strategies in accordance with customer requirements, accepted industry standards, and Yokogawa standards and procedures. Primary focus is on troubleshooting, repair, Software enhancements, Hardware enhancements, modifications, and expansion of existing Instrumentation, DCS and supervisory system. May act in role of working lead/supervisor for small projects, migrations, or other jobs in which the field organization participates.
- Studies customer specifications, drawings, etc. to become familiar with the process and the customer’s control philosophy. Determines customer expectations; clarifies problem areas with customer, systems engineer, and/or project manager and seeks their resolution.
- Documents the process control system and its field interface, along with the operator interface and the engineering utilities.
- May evaluate, trouble shoot and repair process control instrumentation for applicable process applications, reliability and ease of interface.
- Completes all service orders, reports and documentation required to provide full and complete evidence of service.
- Analyzes customer needs and provides feedback to operations and sales for additional or expanded service opportunities.
- Conducts systems operational test. Installs system hardware/software upgrades as required.
- Must have a thorough knowledge of Yokogawa systems and process products, process control principles; must maintain current knowledge of new technologies.
- Responsible for care and maintenance of all assigned test equipment as well as maintenance of any other assigned Yokogawa properties.
- Is competent with the basic engineering builder functions of one or more Yokogawa control systems. Continues to expand this knowledge.
- Participates in project meetings and/or site visits in a supporting role as requested by the Project Lead.
- Is familiar with and follows Yokogawa procedures (ISO, GES, Safety, etc.) and project work methodologies as they apply to assigned tasks.
- Remains aware of overall project scope and guards against unintended scope creep.
- Has a fundamental and increasing understanding of process control concepts and techniques.
- Learns about the architecture and use of one or more Yokogawa control systems through training classes, mentoring of application engineers, self-study as assigned and direct project experience.
- Participates in in-house and external training and learning activities as directed by the Engineering Manager.
- Exhibits the importance of frugal and efficient time management, and reports time promptly and accurately as required by company policies.
- Works cooperatively and efficiently as a member of a project team as assigned by the Project Manager or Engineering Manager.
- Understands and follows safe work practices.
- Travels extensively for job assignments, including offshore platform assignments, and may be on 24-hour call.
- Performs other tasks as assigned.
Education & Experience: BS degree in Engineering or other relevant disciplines and 5 or more years of experience or MS degree in Engineering or other relevant disciplines and 3 or more years of experience in the design and implementation of process control systems. Must have knowledge of basic control system hardware, software & applications. Exhibits strong communication skills.
We are interested in every qualified candidate who is eligible to work in the United States. However, we are not able to sponsor visas.
Applicants for employment for this position must have work authorization that does not now or in the future require sponsorship of a visa for employment authorization in the United States and with Yokogawa.